Thursday, July 6, 2017

Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1)Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

I picked up a copy, especially after all the hullabaloo in India when the movie was prevented from releasing, by the censor-board due to its intense sensual flavor. However, beginning to leaf through the pages, was my worst nightmare in literary work ever, so far. Worse than Chetan Bhagat's made-for-movies, hundred-something-rupee, proxy-drama-ridden, unintelligible paperbacks. There is a thrill in reading a piece of work that's subtle, witty and has twisted layers not only in the plot, but also in the choice of words. E.L. James' book is just the opposite! Whenever the female protagonist silently admires the male one, there is a blatant and cyclical"Oh my!" I cannot keep a count on which one I wanted to stick a dagger through my head, and perish! To be fair, and not to give out any spoilers to people who would still like to read this book, my only request is if you feel compelled to buy a copy due to peer-buzz, and yet you decide not to buy the book, consider yourself on a higher intellectual plane than them who are reading the book and even talking about it! Of course, to my Mills & Boons readers, I recommend this M&B digest totally.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment